Conveyancing Solicitors in Devizes
No matter the type of property transaction you are carrying out in Devizes, whether you are buying, selling or remortgaging, a solicitor can be invaluable.
At Bird & Co, our solicitors have been helping clients for many years and have gained a wealth of expertise, providing outstanding service. We have worked in straightforward cases to those more complex.
Our residential property team are friendly and approachable, and aim to deliver an entirely bespoke service, personalised to your requirements.
Our online conveyancing services allows us to assist clients in Devizes, nationally and internationally.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Devizes can help you
Our expert solicitors in Devizes can assist you through property transactions, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
Our expert team at Bird & Co can help clients through their conveyancing process, whether they are a national firm or a local building society.
Why Choose Bird & Co’s Conveyancing Solicitors in Devizes
We differentiate from other firms by offering an online conveyancing service to our clients both nationally and internationally. In circumstances where you may wish to choose a more traditional conveyancing route, our solicitors can assist.
When you work with our helpful team, you’ll receive a quick and efficient service. Our solicitors have considerable expertise assisting clients with their needs.
Should you choose to work with the property solicitors in Devizes, you will meet with a conveyancing solicitor who will handle your property transaction, including all communications, whether you need to get hold of our team or vice versa.
We are proud to be recognised for our outstanding conveyancing service in Devizes through the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme. What this means is that our team will always:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We are fortunate to have also received the Lexcel accreditation, after an assessment into how we assist clients and the overall management of our law firm.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Devizes?
- Compared to other local firms in Devizes, our team have an in-depth knowledge of the national property market.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We do this through closely monitoring our actions, encrypting emails and through malware protection.
- Taking the conveyancing route over the traditional route allows for a quick and efficient service.
- Traditional conveyancing often needs plenty of resources, which the online route fortunately does not require, allowing our service to be more cost-effective than other local firms.
- At Bird & Co, our online conveyancing service has allowed us to work with clients across the world, using videoconferencing software such as Zoom.
- Whether you choose to follow the traditional or online conveyancing route, our obligations do not change. We are also fully insured for our client’s protection.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Devizes?
At Bird & Co, we understand that no two property transactions are the same. That’s why we offer our services on flexible funding basis, depending on the circumstances.
Should your conveyancing matter be straightforward to handle, we may be able to assist our clients using a fixed fee basis. What this means is that we will provide you a clear quote, and should for any reason this change, we will inform you as soon as possible.
There are other fees known as disbursements, which are the additional aspects involved in the conveyancing process, such as the conveyancing searches and the property registration with HM Land Registry.
Some transaction will require a tax return to be submitted, for example Stamp Duty Land Tax and Capital Gains Tax. We can assist with ensuring this is entirely handled, from calculating to filing the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Devizes?
During the conveyancing process, there are three main steps involved. These are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
A buyer and seller enter into a verbal agreement when an offer is submitted and accepted. At this stage, the process is not legally binding, meaning either party can back out.
The next stage of the process is carrying out checks on the property. The buyer and their solicitor will be responsible for the process. Examples of the checks carried out include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
Should the buyer need a mortgage for the property, they can apply at this point.
Once all checks have been conducted and everything is deemed satisfactory, the parties can exchange and sign the contracts. Once the contract has been signed, the transaction becomes legally binding, and should either party withdraw, they will likely face a financial penalty.
Completion occurs when the transaction is made official. Once the transaction reaches completion, it will need to be registered with HM Land Registry, and the seller will be required to vacate the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Devizes?
No two property transactions will be the same, meaning that a specific time frame can not be provided for each conveyancing transaction. However, generally speaking, conveyancing takes between 12 and 14 weeks from acceptance to completion.
If there are any delays with your transaction, our team will keep you fully informed as soon as we are aware.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Devizes?
An important step of the conveyancing process is the property searches, which ensure nothing is wrong with the property that needs fixing prior to completion.
There are three standard conveyancing searches, these include:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
In some conveyancing cases, additional checks may be requiremed. Our solicitors will advise you should this be necessary.
Is it better to use a conveyancing solicitor in Devizes or a conveyancer?
Conveyancing solicitors and conveyancers are very similar, both having the qualifications to deal with property transactions, but conveyancing solicitors are further qualified to handle other types of legal matters.
Ultimately, whether you wish to use a conveyancing solicitor in Devizes or a conveyancer is entirely up to you, your property transaction requirements and personal budget.
What documents does a property solicitor in Devizes need for conveyancing?
The documents required for conveyancing entirely depend on whether you are buying or selling a property.
The documents needed when buying a property include:
- Identification documentation, including passport or driving license and proof of address
- Proof of funds, such as bank statements
- The official offer of mortgage
The documents needed when selling a property include:
- Proof of ownership
- Seller’s Property Information Form
- Certificates, guarantees and planning permission documentation
- Fitting and contents form
- Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
- Leasehold or freehold information
- Details of the mortgage
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Devizes?
Should you wish to work with our team at Bird & Co, our team will handle the entire legal process on your behalf, so you have nothing to worry about, and we will keep you fully informed throughout the transaction.
Whether you are looking to move to, from, or across Devizes, our solicitors will provide an exceptional service.