Buying, selling or leasing commercial property? Looking to rent some office space? Perhaps, you are wanting to sell some land? Or just thinking about investing? We can help you buy, sell or lease office space, retail units, industrial units or any other type of commercial property.
Whether you are a property owner, an occupier, investor or developer, you need to make sure you are professionally advised by a commercial property expert in order to avoid potential pitfalls later on that might prove costly to you and your business.
Our specialist team of commercial property solicitors in Lincoln can advise and support you through all the necessary steps of your next property transaction, with ease and confidence.
We provide expert guidance on all types of property transactions giving advice on how a commercial property deal can impact your business, discuss any problems that you are concerned about and ensure that you are fully aware of property related issues and potential pitfalls you need to consider.
Our commercial property solicitors have a broad range of experience and can help you whether you are a landlord or tenant, landowner or developer with all types of commercial property issues you might encounter.
Commercial Property Solicitors for Landlords and Tenants in Lincoln
We can help landlords or tenants needing commercial property advice on issues such as
- Leases – if you are a landlord or tenant and need advice in relation to the granting and taking of new leases and areas of lease management including assignments, renewals, rent review or dilapidations.
- Landlord and tenant portfolio management - we are able to offer a management service should you need assistance with a large property portfolio.
- Disputes and property litigation – if you are a landlord caught in a dispute with a tenant over unpaid rent or a contested lease renewal or are a tenant who feels your landlord is acting unreasonably, we can help resolve your dispute, quickly and amicably.
- Corporate property finance – we can act for business owners in relation to the finance of business assets including third party charges, guarantees and debentures over fixed and floating assets.
Commercial Property Solicitors for Investors, Landowners and Developers in Lincoln
If you are an investor, landowner or developer and you need commercial property advice or representation for a property sale or purchase or land for development and resale, including the negotiation of agreements conditional upon planning, we can help you with:
- Sales and purchases – we can help you with the buying and selling of all types of commercial property whether industrial, office, retail, leisure or licensed premises, ensuring that your next transaction completes, smoothly. We will negotiate heads or terms, help you complete stamp duty land tax returns and advise you on any freehold and leasehold, development or property issues, associated with a corporate acquisition or disposal that might arise during your transaction.
- Registrations and applications at the Land Registry – we can help you with the first registrations of title at the Land Registry and also in cases where deeds have been lost and deal with applications for the acquisition of title to land by adverse possession where the applicant has been in possession of the land for a number of years.
- Plot sales – if you are a landowner needing help with selling freehold or leasehold development sites. We can help you with preparing your plot for sale, drafting and preparing plot sale agreements, leases, transfers.
- The creation or variation of easements – we can help you draft or deal with a variation of easements which includes rights of way, rights for the passage of service media such as electrical infrastructure.
- Option agreements – if you need help reaching agreeable terms with your buyer or seller over the future sale of land, we can help you with the negotiation of an option agreement.
- Overage agreements – if you need help with drafting an agreement whereby further consideration can be payable, at a future time, such as when the grant of planning permission for development is obtained.
- Compulsory land purchase – if you are a land or property owner affected by a Compulsory Purchasing Order or CPO and you are wishing to make a claim for compensation. We can help you with your claim for compensation, advise you of your rights and options, the CPO process and procedures and the Compensation Code. We can help you with petitions, draft your objections, represent you at public enquiries and at the Upper Tribunal (Land Chambers) and with drafting and negotiating protective agreements.
- Estate development – when you need help with commercial or residential estate development such as buying or funding arrangements, conditional contracts and option agreements, compulsory purchase, planning and environmental issues, highways and infrastructure, construction contracts, regulatory compliance and licences and final plots sales or leases.
- Property development – if you need advice on the acquisition or disposal of sites for residential and mixed-use development or help with issues such as planning, environmental, brownfield and contaminated sites, building licences and building leases, land uses and affordable housing schemes.
- Planning law - we can work alongside planning consultants and provide you with representation at Court should that be needed for large planning developments or complex legal or environmental issues.
- Sale and leaseback – when you are an established business trading out of your own premises but wish to sell the property and lease it back in order to liquidate equity or to finance another project. We can help you plan a structured deal that is most tax efficient for you.
- Disputes and property litigation – if you are a property owner or developer caught in a dispute with a neighbours over boundary issues, rights of way, restrictive covenants, we can help you achieve a quick resolution to help get your project back on track.
How Our Specialist Commercial Property Lawyers in Lincoln Can Help You
Bird & Co Solicitors have extensive experience in commercial property law, having supported landlords and tenants, landowners and developers, for many years, throughout Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and all over the UK with all types of commercial property transactions.
Our commercial property specialists are highly trained lawyers who act for commercial clients of all sizes, industries and types of business, dealing with all types of properties from small shops and offices, industrial units, to large commercial trading estates, retail and leisure developments or residential estates.
Whether you are a large corporation needing help with a restructuring deal or an individual with a small retail unit, we will work with you conscientiously and diligently, to understand and respect your individual business ambitions, so we can help you achieve your goals.
We take great pride in our longstanding relationships and repeat business with our commercial clients. That is because, we take the time to get to know you and fully understand your business, working alongside you as a trusted business partner to help you achieve your goals. This enables us to provide balanced, clear commercial advice to help you through all the important stages of commercial growth.
Our experience and long-established network means we are well placed to work alongside other property professionals, including your commercial estate agent and Local Authorities, with the speed and efficiency needed to get your transaction completed to your advantage.
You can be confident your property deals will be handled with the utmost skill and expertise, securing the best possible outcome for you and your business.
Contact Us Now
To make an appointment or to find out more about how our commercial property solicitors in Lincoln can help you with a potential matter or a commercial property conveyancing quote, telephone our dedicated team on 01522 803050 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively, you can complete our quick online enquiry form so we can get back to you.